Taxes Due Information
Real Estate & Personal Property Taxes
Municipalities operate on a fiscal year of July 1st to June 30th. Real Estate taxes are collected semi-annually, the first payment due November 1st, and the second due May 1st.
- Real Estate & Personal Property Tax Bills are available upon issuance on City Hall System's website. You may access your bill online by following instructions, here.
- Payments received after 4 pm on November 1 are considered late and subject to interest at 14% from November 1st until the payment is received.
- Second half tax payment is due May 1st. Likewise, payments received after 4:PM on May 1 are considered late and are subject to interest at 14% from the due date until payment is received.
- The Payment is considered made WHEN IT IS RECEIVED BY THE COLLECTOR, not when the payments were issued. POSTMARKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
- Please note: if you are paying by E-Check (sending a payment via online banking): An E-Check is NOT the same as a wire or an ACH. Your bank will actually issue and mail a paper check. Please allow at least two weeks for your payment to be received by the Collector's office.
- Taxes that are not paid for 6 months, will go into Tax Title, accruing interest at 16%.
Please contact the Treasurer's Department at 508-240-5900, ext. 3219 if you have not received your tax bill or if you have any questions.
Motor Vehicle Excise Taxes
Motor Vehicle taxes are based on data received from the Registry of Motor Vehicles. If you have made any changes, such as the sale/purchase of a vehicle, or a change of address, you must provide the Registry with this information to ensure you are billed correctly.