Eastham 400 Commemoration Committee
Charge to the Eastham 400 Commemoration Committee
- SECTION 1:
- It is hereby established in the Town of Eastham an Eastham 400 Commemoration Committee consisting of nine members be to be appointed by Board of Selectmen. Two positions on this Committee shall be reserved for members of the local indigenous Tribes, who need not be residents of the Town. These members are not required to represent the Tribes but may represent the Tribe as they see fit. If no eligible persons are available to fill these positions, the positions are not to be filled.
- SECTION 2:
- A special revenue fund with an initial appropriation of $10,000 has been established by Town Meeting to receive gifts and funds to assist the Eastham 400 Commemoration Committee in preparing programs, purchasing supplies, printing, and carrying out duties related to the planning and fundraising for the Commemoration of the 400th Anniversary of The First Encounter; and further that said funds shall be authorized to be spent by the Town Clerk acting as liaison from the Town to the Committee. All financial updates (income and expenses) are to be reported quarterly to the Board of Selectmen through the Town Administrator.
- SECTION 3:
- The Eastham 400 Commemoration Committee shall develop a historically accurate acknowledgment of events surrounding The First Encounter and present it through educational programs, activities, events, promotional materials and merchandise, and projects. These materials will relate to life prior to, during, and after The First Encounter and will deal with both Indigenous Tribes as well as the Pilgrims. Materials will be of clear mutual interest to the residents and visitors of the town of Eastham. Materials will be as accurate as possible and respectful of the history being acknowledged.
- A calendar of events and logos shall be shared with the Board of Selectmen.
- SECTION 4:
- The Committee shall not sign into any contracts or agreements.
Approved by the Eastham Board of Selectmen on June 18, 2018