- Boards & Commissions
- Board of Water Commissioners
Board of Water Commissioners
Charge To The Water Management Committee
The Board of Selectmen hereby appoints a body that shall be known as the Water Management Committee (WMC). The purpose of this Committee is to exercise review and advice on issues related to groundwater, wastewater, and freshwater systems. These functions include guidance for the development of comprehensive water supply and wastewater management plans that will:
- Provide public water in critical areas;
- Protect the water resources with appropriate remediation measures;
- Protect the water quality of ponds; and
- Comply with MA DEP TMDL regulations
The committee shall consist of five members who shall be appointed for three-year overlapping terms. There shall also be one alternate position, with a term ending June 30, 2010.
Staff support for this Board shall be provided by the Health Agent and, if appropriate, by the Town Planner, who shall attend and participate but not vote in the Board's deliberations.
The specific responsibilities of the Committee shall include:
- Investigation of experiences in other communities with regard to water supply and wastewater management practices, and the protection of ponds.
- Compilation of a working library of information about water supply, wastewater management pond quality-protection practices.
- Research current and evolving innovative methods of treatment and/or disposal of wastewater.
- Identification of specific tasks and expertise necessary to complete water and wastewater management Plans, and recommendations regarding which tasks can be completed by the Board, Town staff, Cape Cod Commission and/or external consultants
The Board shall annually report progress to the Board of Selectmen. At that time, the Board shall make implementation recommendations to further the protection of water quality in Eastham.
Review Charge of the Water Management Committee - June 18, 2018 BOS Meeting:
- The Board agreed that they do not want to make a reduction in the membership of the Water Management Committee at this time. To address the current concerns raised by the Water Management Committee, the Board noted that a Quorum on committees is based on the number of members on the committee, not the number of openings on the committee. This means that if a committee has only 3 appointed members, quorum will be 2.
This Committee incorporates the duties of the former Water Resources Advisory Committee and the Waste Water Management Planning Committee. - Adopted by the Board of Selectmen on December 15, 2008.
Charge changed from nine members to five: BOS Meeting October 17, 2018
- Jamie Demetri
- Aimee Eckman
- Jerry Cerasale
- Suzanne Bryan
- Arthur Autorino
Agendas & Minutes
View Board of Water Commissioners Agendas & Minutes
View Board of Water Commissioner Meeting Packets